Tuesday, April 20, 2010

TV on DVD

Maybe it's because I'm in college now and constantly pressed for the minimal hours that I have to use in my free time, but I've found that there is a terrific alternative to watching a tv show habitually once a week (or less when it's not new). And that is to watch tv series' on DVDs.

There are numerous pros to method. First, I can watch the show where I want, when I want. If I have to work a shift late at the desk, I can just bring over my Season 2 box of 30 Rock and watch episode after episode until the tedious 4 hours are over.

Second, I don't have to wait in between episodes. I finally got caught up with watching the first few seasons of How I Met Your Mother, and now I watch it on Mondays at 8pm. But a part of me wants to just wait until this season wraps up and is put into DVDs. I often find myself having to ask someone else what the characters are referencing since it's been so long since I've last seen an episode of the show.

Another thing that goes along with that, I can re-watch things that I've missed in previous episodes. The week (or sometimes more when the episodes aren't new) that goes by in between episodes on TV just creates more opportunities for me to forget what has happened last time.

Now, again, the one show where I don't really have a problem with watching it once a week, is LOST. They give a solid recap in the beginning of each episode, plus they usually leave my brain twisted after each one that I normally can't fathom watching another one right after it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment